The event "Sustainable fisheries management and recreational sea fisheries: socio-economic value, data collection and data use in EU and US management" will take place on the 8th March 2017 from 14:00-16:00 in the Room: ASP 1E3, at the European Parliament, Brussels.
The event will be Chaired by MEP Werner Kuhn and MEP Marco Affronte and German, French and Italian interpretation will be provided.
● Welcome words by the President of the RecFishing Forum, MEP Norica Nicolai
● Introduction by MEP Werner Kuhn
● "The importance of socio-economic data for legislators, managers and businesses"; by Jean-Claude Bel, CEO, European Fishing Tackle Trade Association (EFTTA)
● "Economic Analysis of Marine Recreational Fishing at NOAA Fisheries"; by Sabrina Lovell, Recreational Economist, US National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
● "Boating industry & Recreational fishing"; by Sandrine Devos, Secretary General, European Boating Industry (EBI)
● "Recreational sea fishing in Europe – participation rates, fishing effort and expenditure in a global context"; by Kieran Hyder, Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science (CEFAS), and:
- project leader of ongoing study funded by the European Parliament: “Recreational and semi-subsistence fishing -
its value and its impact on fish stocks and the environment”
- co-chair of ICES ‘Working Group on Recreational Fisheries Surveys’ (WGRFS)
● "Collecting recreational fisheries data: a Danish electronic log book scheme with an app for cell phones"; by Christian Skov, Associate Professor, National Institute of Aquatic Resources, (DTU AQUA)
● "Recreation fishing: impact on fish stocks and basis for long-term economic development in coastal areas"; by Alexander Stein, Policy Officer, DG MARE – European Commission
● Debate - moderated by MEP Werner Kuhn
● Conclusions - by MEP Marco Affronte